Offers / 25 October 2020 / 09:48pm
Following the latest Government update, Edinburgh’s attractions are open as usual! You can visit the Castle, Palace, Museum, go on walking tours and everything else – it is just advisable to plan ahead and book tickets. You are also recommended to book a time slot without charge in advance for free venues such as the museum, botanical gardens and galleries.
While cafes, restaurants and pubs serving meals are currently opening until 6pm (to be reviewed 24 Nov), there are plenty of other activities to enjoy in the evening. Here’s a few of our favourites!
1. Camera Obscura & World of Illusions is open until 10pm: www.camera-obscura.co.uk
2. The Real Mary King’s Close explores underground streets, spooky! www.realmarykingsclose.com
3. Mercat walking tours, above and below ground: www.mercattours.com
4. Historical, comedy ghost bus tour, last tour 9pm: www.theghostbustours.com/edinburgh
5. Socially distanced films at Vue Cinema near Princes St: www.myvue.com
6. Walk up Calton Hill for great views of Edinburgh lit up at night.
Ensure you book ahead so you don’t miss out.
Cafes, restaurants and pubs serving food are open to sit in until 6pm, including nearby. Guests are also welcome to use our dining room for a takeaway in the evening. We have some superb locals to choose from: Turkish BBQ, Indian, Thai, Chinese and traditional fish and chips.