Offers / 10 November 2021 / 05:55pm
If you find time for some shopping during your stay, Edinburgh has a great range to tempt you. There are many touristy “tartan tat” shops around the Royal Mile that are best avoided, although can be good for fun gifts!
The St James Quarter and George Street are the key areas for the shopping. Wander down Multrees Walk at St Andrews Square to view Edinburgh’s designer stores such as Mulberry, Max Mara and Burberry. The luxury department store Harvey Nichols also has a stunning roof top bar and restaurant, plus excellent traditional food/ gift section.
And a few of our favourites:
– WoodWinters (Newington Road) specialist for whisky and wines, including tastings.
– Walker Slater (Victoria Street) is a specialist in tweeds.
– Joseph Bonnar (72 Thistle Street) is an Edinburgh institution for beautiful jewellery including vintage and new.
– Ness on Lawnmarket (Royal Mile) for beautiful ladies accessories and modern twist on traditional materials.
– Cadenhead’s, on the Royal Mile, is an absolute expert in whisky for all budgets, including specialist bottles priced in the £hundreds. In fact, we once saw a bottle priced over £2,000!